Monday, May 16, 2005

Sageisms

Ok, I know I just created a new word but roll with it. Based on the comments of Yoda and Ford, thank you Darren, I thought it would be really cool to have blog post dedicated to our collective wisdom. It could be a short blog. lol ha ha 8-P

So let us bloggify ourselves. Let us together reach beyond our individual limitations. I believe it was Einstein that said something along the lines that the sum of something is greater than it's parts. I searched and searched but alas, I could not find it. I'm sure one of you knows what I'm looking for. So I boldly say, "Join me fellow bloggists, and let us", oh whatever, let's just have some fun. :-)

Here are some of my faves.

"A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what a ship is built for" unknown.

"Streams become crooked by taking the path of least resistance, so do people" unknown.

I found this one looking for the afore mentioned quote.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort". Herm Albright

That's just too funny :-) I really like that one.

So what do you say....

8 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're out of your tree.....
it wasn't my tree.....
ah ahahahahhahahahaha

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. Like you I love quotes and sageisms. I collect them. So, gleefully I read these, adding them to my collection. There are just way to many funny and powerful quotes that you have posted already for me to comment.

As an American though, I do have to note one, the smith and wesson. :-) Ya baby.

And, miss anonymous (Angela :-) for those that don't know, is quoting form Benny and June, a rather funny and witty movie.

Keep em comin. :-)

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a tail??

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Ok Angela, that one almost made me choke. I shouldn't eat when I read these any more.

Unfortunately for everyone else it's so inside I can't even begin. Put it this way, it's a comment from a little kid. :-)

This is by far my favorite blog post. I don't think I'll be able to top it. All of the quotes are great. I have but one thing to say, more more more.

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Give me quotes or give me death."
John Quincy Adams

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Ken Schrock said...

lol, that's funny. Bible Gateway eh? I use that one all the time. It truely is a good source for sageisms and much much much more.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Ken Schrock said...

"Resentment is like drinking a cup of poisen and waiting for the other person to die" Readers Digest

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Oh, cool! Quotes! I have a quotes blog called "old sayings we just made up". If anyone has any quotes that they overheard, said, or whatever, its a great place to post those. Occasional celebrity quotes are allowed too, especially if they're off the beaten path, but not ben franklin quotes or that sort of thing.

Good stuff, nice blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home