Tuesday, October 11, 2005

"Falling" in love

Did I get your attention?! I thought I would hee hee hee.

I tell ya, fall here in Korea is absolutely incredible. It's about half way through October and the trees are still a good three weeks away from turning colours. (Oh Canada ....:-) What's been so amazingly wonderful about fall is the temperatures. For about a month now the temps have been in the low 20's during the day and mid teens at night. (That would be low to mid 70's daytime and high 50's to low 60's at night for me American friends.) How nice is that :-D We've had a few rainy days, but the other days are so glorious it's hard to even remember them. Every day is bright and sunny, and nice and cool. Ahhh, it screams get on your motorcycle and ride ride ride. Not on the sidewalk you freak, get back on the street! That's better. Now relax and enjoy the ride.

Daniel, the senior foreign teacher, told us that fall was a very lovely time of year here, the best time of year. As a lover of fall, I have to say that he is completely correct. You know what this reminds me of, the summer we had last year. :-) Remember how mild it was and how wonderfully exhilarating the cool temps were. Yes, it was the best summer I can remember. Oh shut up and puts some sweaters on you whiners! lol With these temps, when you first walk outside, it makes you take in a deep deep breath, hold it slightly and exhale with a smile on your face. Of course then you gag and sputter because of the smog, but hey, it was nice for a second. :-P Yes, it's very invigorating.

The only problem is that the stupid mosquitoes are still very alive and active. It hasn't gotten cold enough to smite the little blood sucking villainous bastards yet. I'm sure if the scholars looked at the Dead Sea Scrolls again they would find that mosquitoes were part of the curse that man and all that is in the earth have to endure. Thanks Adam! I'm sure it's just been lost over the centuries and should be added into our modern translations. Ok, now that I'm close to being smitten myself, I think I'll move on.

Yes, fall here is just amazing. I'm falling in love. :-) Man I love this weather.

Me    

13 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, as soon as I see the crap I delete it. It's almost as anoying as mosuitoes. They both are bloodsucking bla bla bla and need to be dealt with.

As a Canadian, don't you have beer iv's that you can take to work with you if you have a dr.'s note? :-P

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh Yes, today is another beautiful day. Bright, sunny, cool :-) how wonderful is that!

Paul??? Paul Tymstra? Exactly how does this alleged cameral work??? I know, many questions. Did you take a pic of the night sky using long exposure film? You're talking to a green orange here, (for those that don't know, I'm sorry, it's a personality thing). More information is required.

Fall in the North Country can be trying at times can't it. Many times I remember snow in September. I remember because I always got the week off for the county fair. :-D Life was tough back then. As it was, fair week sometimes got stinken cold. It was only the 3rd week of Sept. for Pete's sake. (Who is this Pete any way???)

Me

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potty mouths! All of you!!

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well considering we were out tanning last week...and now we have the oven on to make the house hotter......

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my house growing up we were never allowed blasted cereals :-( I had to eat stinken cereals. I really liked the stinken cheerios though. Still do. :-) When I went away on youth trips however... freedom! Lots of blasted cereals. I preferred the luck of the irish meself.

The photo box... I really want to see that pic. Sounds like fun especially if you like to clean. :-P ISO 3, didn't even know such a thing existed. How did the pic turn out???

Oh, by the way, you could use your oven for tanning if you feel the need. :-)

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...! but if we get that 'pizza burn' i dont think we'll be happy!

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But does it smell like fall?

I associate the changing of seasons with definite smells, especially here in Michigan where we have 4 distinctive seasons.

T

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need more pictures!!
And how do I put pictures on mine..???!!!
Gwen wants to be 'online'!

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pic there Darren. I like the old photo effect. Are you going to try it again?

Ah Catan, well, I'm working on it. Everyone works so many blasted hours and when they aren't working they are at church. While that sounds good, I'm not sure.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, hint hint, time to make another post! very clever.

I have some more pics ready to go online. I went to some musiums a few weeks ago. No pics from inside the musiums though.

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://bqwuycns.com/szuf/xixm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://exnhnifa.com/bbud/wtsj.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://bqwuycns.com/szuf/xixm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://exnhnifa.com/bbud/wtsj.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://bqwuycns.com/szuf/xixm.html | http://wbfxvnkh.com/ewvt/adxz.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home